BSL Support Worker to work with Creative Services Team Leader
Any 3 days per week Monday to Thursday – all Day. From £150 a day (plus VAT if applicable) with UTR – depending on skills / qualifications etc
Upminster, Essex and work from home occasionally
About Positive Signs
We are recruiting a fantastic well organised CSW (BSL L3 upwards or equivalent) to support Positive Signs Creative Team Leader.
Positive Signs is a vibrant and well-respected business and due to expansion, we have an opportunity to work one to one with the Creative Team Leader within the busy team.
Are you a skilled (BSL) Communication Support Worker with a passion for the media industry? We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Creative team to make a significant impact on the accessibility and inclusivity of our media services.
- Provide BSL support to Creative services team leader at the office as well as on site, media productions, meetings, and events.
- Assist with interpreting and translating spoken content into BSL, and working through BSL to English
- Assist with all written communication through emails and reports and social media content (proof reading)
- Captioning preparation – checking English.
- Ensure effective communication at all times
- Collaborate with staff, producers, presenters, directors, and content creators to ensure the seamless integration of BSL in our media projects.
- Stay updated on the latest BSL and accessibility standards to maintain high-quality services.
- Proficiency in British Sign Language (BSL) at a minimum of Level 3 or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience as a BSL Communication Support Worker in a media or entertainment environment is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to different communication styles and preferences.
- A commitment to promoting inclusivity and accessibility in media.
- Competitive salary – freelance or in-house
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and creative media environment with Deaf people to get the experience you need for career progression
- Chance to make a meaningful impact by promoting Deaf accessibility and inclusivity in media services.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
Positive Signs Ethos
Positive Signs are proud of the fact that our core business is about enabling others to improve their equal opportunities practices. We adopt the same ethos in-house and are proud to be an equal opportunity/Disability Confident employer.
Declaration of Interests
If any person working for Positive Signs Ltd has a controlling and/or significant financial interest in a business including another Interpreting provider/ supplier/ colleague and must declare it, or notify the Director.
Any interests should be declared to the Director, either on starting employment or on acquisition of the interest.