4 days Remote and 1 day office based weekly. The office-based day will be for an employment drop-in day for our clients in Upminster, Essex, RM12.
We are seeking a full-time Employment Coordinator to be responsible for managing and nurturing administrative tasks at Positive Signs Communication Support services for remote and on-site services to enable Deaf people and their employers to work together effectively.
The role will be remote, to begin with, attracting clients, service providers and government departments using a variety of techniques through HubSpot and our portal, telephone, email, SMS, video calls, and face-to-face meetings.
Employment Business Remit
Support and be part of a new Employment service provision. This is currently a smaller area of our business, which we intend to grow, focusing on Deaf people to:
- Become work-ready, through skills training and placement opportunities;
- Get work, via supported job searches, applications, interview preparation, and job coaching;
- Stay in work, ensuring Access to Work provision of communication support and further job coaching, if required;
- Assess and analyse issues/barriers and devise personalised action plans to move clients towards/into employment.
Additionally, we have expertise and networks to support deaf people into employment. We are proud of our successes in managing Deaf apprenticeships and bring strong expertise and experience in all aspects of deafness. Above all, we are driven by our passion for ensuring Deaf people achieve and succeed in every area, particularly the workplace.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with internal and external colleagues to ensure all information circulated about our services is of excellent quality
- Enhance client and employer relationships by providing a responsive, professional support service and increase their awareness of Positive Signs services available to them. Spread the word about booking Language Support Professionals (interpreters, communication support workers, lip speakers, etc.) We utilise the Interpreter Intelligence platform for our video relay interpreting and can offer both face to face and remote services. (e.g. training and other services, STTR or captioning, or Translation, Disability Con dent accreditation etc.)
- Develop and prepare a Welcome pack for Deaf people and employers to reduce barriers and offer a wide range of solutions, including support needs, in accordance with our quality procedures, including but not limited to internal provision, quoting, feedback and complaints
- Prepare briefs for the Bookings Coordinator and any contractual paperwork requirements, including purchase orders
- Update company systems precisely, including the overall administration of ATW or project form processing and completion within reasonable timelines
- Negotiate/prepare proposals on costings for new clients
- Set up Excel countdown tracker to monitor hours used by clients and hours remaining
- Ability to focus on building client-employer relationships to ensure overall satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ability to maintain good practice and respond with prompt actions.
- Ability to comply with and adhere to Positive Signs’ policies and procedures.
- Strong administration skills and proven working knowledge of IT, including an understanding of our own database, Panda docs and Hubspot.
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload and work effectively and accurately remotely and at the office.
- Possess good interpersonal skills, i.e. tact, sensitivity, ability to listen and to be assertive. A positive and diplomatic attitude towards colleagues, employers and clients.
- An enthusiastic ability to contribute to and work effectively within a team environment. Customer-focused with an understanding of Equality legislation and Disability Confident accreditation.
- Ability to remain calm while working in a deadline-driven and fast-changing environment. Ability to respond to clients’ queries and requests in a timely and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to identify appropriate employer contacts, then develop and maintain relationships as a source of employment opportunities.
- Creative thinking with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Attention to detail and “right-first-time” data entry.
- Excellent telephone and email communication manner.
- Good communication skills, demonstrating experience in listening, questioning and building relationships.
- Customer-focused with a strong commitment to customer care.
- Demonstrable ability to plan and organise workload to meet required targets and deadlines.
- BSL Level 3 Signature minimum or willing to be trained to level 3 within 3 years Understanding/willingness to learn procurement procedures.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Understanding of the current GDPR and COVID-19 regulations.
Salary, Benefits & Equipment
Salary will be £24,000 depending on qualifications and experience. This post attracts benefits, and 25 days Annual Leave a year, as well as the opportunity to progress within our company.
We will also provide the equipment needed to perform your role at home, supplying an iMac, relevant software, green screen, printer and any other items that is required.
Hours of Work
9:00 am -4:30 pm Monday to Friday -37.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can click the apply button at the top of this page. Positive Signs are proud of the fact that our core business is about enabling others to improve their equal opportunities practices.
We adopt the same ethos in house and are proud to be an equal opportunity / Disability Confident employer. To apply, please email your up-to-date CV along with a covering letter detailing how you meet the needs of the role and why you are interested in applying to email@example.com
The closing date for applications will be 28th February 2022.
Declaration of Interests
If any person working for Positive Signs Ltd has a controlling and/or significant interest in a business including another Interpreting Agency he/she must declare it.
Any interests should be declared to the Director, either on starting employment or on the acquisition of the interest.